What is “E-Couch” and “MoodGYM?”
E-Couch and MoodGYM are non-SMG websites that provides free self-help interactive cognitive behavioral therapy program for anxiety (E-Couch) and depression (MoodGYM) offered thru the National Institute for Mental Health Research at the Australian National University. This is an option to patients who would prefer a self-help approach and/or to accommodate patients currently awaiting a new patient visit.
What will you see and learn when you go to the web-sites?
E-couch and Mood Gym:
- Provides free, self-help modules for depression, general anxiety and social anxiety, as well as for divorce/separation and loss/bereavement.
- Provides tool-kits that teach skills drawn from a range of evidence-based therapies.
- Will ask a number of questionnaires and scales about how you are feeling.
- Provides tailored relevant information about stress, anxiety and depression based on your answers.
- Provides feedback about areas of vulnerabilities
- Matches your areas of vulnerability with recommends for specific modules to help one learn strategies for symptom improvement, self-management and wellness
None of the information on these websites are a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by an appropriate health professional.
Contact us if you need immediate help
The NJ Hopeline
24/7 Suicide Prevention Hotline
Chat: NJ Suicide Prevention Hope Line or Call 911 or go to your local Hospital emergency room.
Please do not call or contact the helplines on the E-Couch or MoodGym websites as these are for Australian residents only.