123 William Street Gastroenterology
123 William Street
15th Floor, Suite 1503
New York, NY 10038
535 5th Ave (Suite 611) Gastroenterology
535 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Barrett’s Esophagus and ablation of Barrett’s
- C. difficile infection
- Celiac disease
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhea
- Colon cancer
- Difficulty swallowing
- Disorders of the Esophagus
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Esophageal strictures
- Family history of colon cancer and other cancers
- Gastroesophageal reflux and heartburn
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- General Gastroenterology
- Genetic syndromes with risk of colon cancer
- H. Pylori infection
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Other Conditions
- Multidisciplinary treatment of colon cancer
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Removal of colon polyps
- Screening for colon polyps and prevention of cancer
- Screening for esophageal cancer
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- Zenker’s Diverticulum
New York Accepted Insurances
Always check with your health insurance carrier before scheduling any type of service. You can learn the details of your individual health insurance plan, including the amount of your copay, deductible, and coinsurance by visiting your health insurance company's website or by calling their customer service department. Click here to review our list of accepted insurance plans.
Training and Education
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- B.S. Biology, George Washington University, Washington, DC
- University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Neal Joseph, MD is a member of Summit Health’s Gastroenterology team. Dr. Joseph is a gastroenterologist whose clinical interests encompass the full breadth of gastroenterology and endoscopy, including colon cancer screening, colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, polyp removal, acid reflux, abdominal pain, inflammatory bowel disease, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Following in the footsteps of his father, a gastroenterologist, and his mother, a nutritionist, Dr. Joseph had a head start in learning about digestive disorders. “This early exposure inspired my passion to become a physician,” he says.
Dr. Joseph utilizes the latest knowledge and technology to provide outstanding individualized care to each patient. He realizes that digestive problems can oftentimes be embarrassing and uncomfortable to discuss. Therefore, he aims to create an environment where his patients feel at ease. “I really enjoy serving as an advocate for my patients by working closely with them and journeying through their condition together,” he states.
Dr. Joseph has earned the distinction as a Super Doctors Rising Star in Gastroenterology for the past three years. He has published numerous original research articles and presented his work at several national conferences. He was also awarded the distinguished American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Diversity Award at the Digestive Disease Week Crystal Awards for his excellence in research devoted to promoting minority-related issues in gastroenterology.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Joseph enjoys running, playing tennis, trying new restaurants, and traveling. He especially cherishes the time he gets to spend with his family.