Summit Health primary care physicians are your medical captains. They go by several names, such as internist or general practitioner, but they all mean the same thing: someone who is looking out for your overall health and well-being.
Our Approach to Internal Medicine
Primary care is the foundation of your care at Summit Health. That’s why we emphasize communication and holistic, comprehensive care. Through your electronic health record and patient portal, we make communication as easy as possible — with our primary care team and you.
We also promote good health by teaching patients about wellness and the importance of exercise, eating a healthy diet and not smoking. And, when you need extra care, we connect you with our Summit Health specialists.
Our goal is to be your partner in health whenever you need us. To make this easy, we offer:
- Health screenings, wellness care, and routine “sick” care (e.g., for flu, infections, pain, etc.)
- Walk-in availability with emergency medicine providers through our Urgent Care services for immediate problems
- Support and counseling during times of stress or grief
- Diagnosis and treatment of common medical problems
Internal Medicine Conditions We Treat
- Abdominal Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Dermatologic Issues
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Heart Disease
- High Cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Minor Injuries
- Shortness of Breath
- Thyroid Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Weight Management
Internal Medicine Providers
Summit Health internists provide comprehensive wellness and sick care.View Our Specialists
Why Choose Summit Health
- Seamless care: Our goal is to make your care seamless. Through our patient portal, you can send questions directly to your care team via email. If you go into the hospital, your primary care provider maintains close communication with Summit Health hospitalists, who help you manage your care in the hospital. And when you leave, our health care managers check in with you to make sure you have everything you need, including follow-up visits with your primary care provider.
- Building a long-term relationship with you: Our goal with primary care is to make sure you find care — and a provider relationship — that matches your health needs and care philosophy. We want you to feel comfortable talking about whatever health issues you have — from hemorrhoids to abdominal pain to anxiety. That’s why we spend time getting to know you.
- Geriatricians for older adults: Within Summit Health, we offer geriatric care, or geriatricians, who can provide focused care for older adults. Our geriatricians collaborate with our special nurse care management team that includes social workers, for care of multiple chronic conditions.
- Coordination with Summit Health specialists: If you need additional specialized care, we connect you to other Summit Health experts. Through our electronic health record, our primary care providers see your specialist’s notes about any tests and lab work you had. Our primary care providers are also aware of any medications your specialist prescribed and can refill those for you as needed.
- Comprehensive care for chronic conditions: Our internal medicine providers have expertise in treating chronic conditions that require ongoing, personalized attention, such as congestive heart failure, diabetes and COPD. Our team helps you make any needed lifestyle changes, such as diet or exercise. And we help you monitor your medications and their side effects, as well as communicate with any specialists you visit.
- Primary care when and where you need us: We know that you’ll have health needs after hours and on weekends. That’s why some of our providers offer evening and Saturday hours. We also offer same-day urgent care visits. And, we have primary care providers on call weekday evenings and weekends for help that cannot wait.