Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at Summit Health provides pediatric primary care for newborns to age 22.
Our pediatric team offers all the childhood services you and your child need, including check-ups, sick visits, and vaccinations. We also provide social, developmental, and behavioral assessments.
Our Approach to Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
At Summit Health, we work to create an environment that is comfortable for you and your child. To do this, we take time to get to know each child and each family.
This personal focus helps us — and your child — for many reasons. For example, it helps our pediatric team build a trusting relationship that lasts from infancy to young adulthood. And, it helps us better recognize when your child is sick because we know what wellness looks like for your child.
Our team is committed to whole-child care. That means we work closely with our pediatric specialty providers at Summit Health. When your child needs a specialist, we ensure the care is well-coordinated and communication is ongoing between you, the specialist, and our team.
Meet our pediatrics providers
Our pediatric team offers family-focused pediatric primary care.View Our Specialists
Why Choose Summit Health
- Accessible providers: Summit Health offers convenient ways to communicate with our providers.
- Collaboration with Summit Health pediatric specialty care: Sometimes your child needs the expertise of a provider who specializes in one area. When that happens, we stay in close contact with the specialist — and you — so we can answer any questions about your child’s care plan.
- Nurturing positive mental and physical health: As part of our holistic care, we look for signs of mental health issues, including eating disorders, depression or anxiety. We create a safe space where teens can ask questions and openly express themselves. This includes feeling safe to discuss any gender identity or sexuality concerns they may have.
- Keeping your child safe: Our goal is to help you keep your child safe. We take our role as health educators and providers as seriously as you do as a parent. That’s why we follow the immunization schedule standards set by the American Academy of Pediatrics. And it’s why we supply you with targeted education for each stage of your child’s development.
- Lactation consultants: If you have breastfeeding questions, we can help. Our expert lactation consultants evaluate mother and infant latching. They offer breastfeeding tips for a better latch and other breastfeeding concerns. To schedule an appointment, call Kathleen Mueller, DNP-C, IBCLC, at 908-277-8601.
Pediatric Primary Care Conditions We Treat
- Abdominal Pain
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Back Pain
- Behavioral Issues
- Developmental Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gender Identity
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Pink Eye
- Respiratory Problems
- Sleep Disorders
- Strep Throat
- Thyroid Disease
- Weight Management
Pediatric Primary Care Treatments and Services
Dr. Dardanello is a brilliant and compassionate pediatrician. She has cared for my two children since we moved to NJ in 2010. She has shown us such understanding and knowledge and skill during that time. We have moved a few times within NJ since 2010 but still drive 45 minutes to see her. She creates a calm and safe environment for my children who have two very different kinds of anxiety about doctor visits, in tailored ways for each child. We are so blessed to have her as our children's physician.