140 Park Avenue Gastroenterology
140 Park Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Barrett’s Esophagus and ablation of Barrett’s
- C. difficile infection
- Celiac disease
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhea
- Colon cancer
- Difficulty swallowing
- Disorders of the Esophagus
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Esophageal strictures
- Family history of colon cancer and other cancers
- Gastroesophageal reflux and heartburn
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- General Gastroenterology
- Genetic syndromes with risk of colon cancer
- H. Pylori infection
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Other Conditions
- Liver disease
- Multidisciplinary treatment of colon cancer
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Removal of colon polyps
- Screening for colon polyps and prevention of cancer
- Screening for esophageal cancer
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- Zenker’s Diverticulum
Always check with your health insurance carrier before scheduling any type of service. You can learn the details of your individual health insurance plan, including the amount of your copay, deductible, and coinsurance by visiting your health insurance company's website or by calling their customer service department. Click here to review our list of accepted insurance plans.
Training and Education
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (formerly UMDNJ), Newark, NJ
- Chemistry, With Honors, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- Digestive Diseases, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (formerly UMDNJ), Newark, NJ
John M. Dalena, MD, specializes in conditions and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, gall bladder, and pancreas. Dr. Dalena also provides a wide range of gastrointestinal services, including cancer screening, nutritional support, therapeutic endoscopy, and colonoscopy.
In addition to his position at Summit Health, Dr. Dalena is the former Director of Endoscopy at Morristown Surgical Center and Chairman in the Department of Gastroenterology at Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, New Jersey. He is an attending physician in the Department of Internal Medicine at Morristown Medical Center, Florham Park Endoscopy Center, Hanover Endoscopy Center, and Morristown Surgical Center. Dr. Dalena has practiced privately with Atlantic Gastroenterology in Cedar Knolls, Florham Park, Morristown, and Whippany, New Jersey.
He is a member of the American Medical Association, Medical Society of New Jersey, Morris County Medical Society, American College of Gastroenterology, and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He is Past Chairman and a member of the Crohns and Colitis Foundation Medical Advisory Committee - New Jersey Chapter.
Dr. Dalena has earned the Morristown Medical Center Physician of the Year Award. He also earned the University of Medicine and Dentistry Fellowship Research First Prize Award and American College of Physicians - New Jersey Chapter Laureate Award for Outstanding Achievement in Medicine. He has been featured multiple times in New Jersey Monthly and Castle Connolly "Top Doctors" and "Top Doctors in the New York Metro Area" listings. Dr. Dalena is one of few physicians nationwide to earn Castle Connolly "Top Doctor" listings for more than 10 consecutive years. His "Top Doctors" listings are reprinted in Inside Jersey and US News and World Report.
When he is not working with his patients, Dr. Dalena is an avid runner and cyclist. He has completed many duathlons, triathlons, and marathons. A life-long resident of Morris County, Dr. Dalena lives in New Vernon, New Jersey.
- Morristown Medical Center