What Is the Integrative Neck and Back Pain Program?
Back and neck pain are two of the most common causes of chronic pain and disability in the United States. A 2007 analysis estimated that 34 million adults had back pain, 9 million had neck pain and 19 million had both. And, people with back and neck pain reported more health problems than people without pain.
At Summit Health, we know how debilitating back and neck pain can be. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you ease your symptoms and treating the underlying causes of your pain.
Orthopedics Department Specialties
Our spine specialists have dedicated their careers to treating back and neck issues. As some of the most experienced back experts on the East Coast, they understand that back and neck pain can have implications for whole-body health, from pain and weakness in the arms and legs to decreased quality of life and mental health conditions.
When you come to our orthopedics department for back or neck pain, you don’t just get world-class spine experts working to help you feel better. We use every tool available to us in order to solve your back and neck problems.
Other Summit Health Departments
Our spine specialists work together with Summit Medical Group’s other departments to get you the exact care you need to ease your neck or back pain. These departments include:
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is one of the fastest-growing areas of research when it comes to back and neck pain, and evidence is mounting that it can be effective. At Summit Medical Group, we use acupuncture as a complementary part of an integrated treatment plan.
- Chiropractic Medicine: Summit Medical Group’s chiropractic medicine department can help manage acute and chronic back pain through spinal adjustments and other noninvasive treatment methods.
- Interventional pain management: Our pain management specialists are a crucial part of your back and neck pain treatment team. They are trained to administer not just traditional medical pain management techniques but also complementary pain management such as biofeedback, cognitive behavioral therapy and meditation.
- Physical Therapy: The goals of physical therapy are to strengthen the muscles around the neck and back to provide more stabilization and decrease pain. Physical therapy can be an important aspect of your back and neck pain treatment plan.
- Physiatry: Physiatrists are board certified experts in treating disabilities, including back and neck pain. Our physiatrists utilize nonoperative diagnostic and treatment methods such as nerve conduction studies and steroid injections to help identify and treat the cause of your neck or back pain.
- Urgent Care: Sometimes, your pain may flare up when your regular doctors aren’t available. In such cases, you can walk into any of Summit Medical Group’s urgent care facilities and get treatment fast. We’ll keep your back and neck pain treatment team in the loop so they’ll be ready to respond to whatever new complications emerge.