Sleep is the foundation of good health. Getting a good night’s sleep is essential for your body to function properly. It allows your body to restore memory, gives you the ability to concentrate, stabilizes emotions and much more.
Our Approach to Sleep Medicine
We’re passionate about helping you get a good night’s sleep. Summit Health sleep medicine providers can diagnose your sleep issues and help you improve your sleep.
One of our first steps is to help with your sleep hygiene. Sleep hygiene is the practice of improving your sleep habits and sleep environment.
If good sleep hygiene isn’t working, you may need a sleep study and/or help addressing health issues that leave you tired all the time. Our sleep medicine providers can connect you to other Summit Health providers like behavioral health specialists or ENTs who can help you address your health holistically.
Types of Sleep Studies
Your sleep medicine provider will discuss with you the best type of sleep study (also called polysomnography) for your needs.
To help us get the most relevant information about your sleep issues, we offer a full range of sleep studies, including an at-home option:
- Home sleep study
- Maintenance of wakefulness test
- Multiple sleep latency test
- Split night sleep study
Sleep Conditions We Treat
- Abdominal MRI
- Breathing Therapy
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Circadian Rhythm Disorder
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS)
- Enuresis (Bedwetting)
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Hypnic Jerk (Feeling of Falling)
- Jet Lag
- Kleine Levin Syndrome
- Night Terrors
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Paralysis
- Sleep Walking (Somnambulism)
Sleep Center Treatments and Services
- Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP)
- Breathing Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Home Sleep Apnea Test
- Home Sleep Study
- Inspire Therapy
- Light Therapy
- Medication Management
- Oxygen Therapy
- Pulse Oximetry
- Sleep Apnea Surgery
- Sleep Diary
- Sleep Restriction Therapy
- Sleep Study (Polysomnography)
Find a Sleep Medicine Provider
Summit Health sleep medicine providers are accepting new patients and can provide a second opinion on your sleep issues.View Our Specialists
Why Choose Summit Health
- Approaching your sleep health holistically: Our goal is to understand the full picture of your health and lifestyle. We do this so we can recommend treatments that are most likely to work for you over the long term.
- Sleep hygiene help: We work with you to make sure your sleeping schedule, preparation and environment encourage good sleep. We also connect you to other Summit Health providers who can address other issues affecting your sleep, such as anxiety.
- Sleep apnea evaluation and treatment: We treat obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea in adults and children. Our treatment approach is to look at all factors affecting your sleep apnea holistically, from weight loss to CPAP to surgery. We help you find a treatment that will work for you long term.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited: Our Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. That means we follow the highest standards of patient care for diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
Complementary therapies to help your sleep: Our sleep experts connect you to other Summit Health providers who can support your sleep goals. For instance, if pain is causing your sleep issues, we can connect you to physical therapy, acupuncture, or pain management services.