535 5th Ave (Suite 604) Gastroenterology
535 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Barrett’s Esophagus and ablation of Barrett’s
- C. difficile infection
- Celiac disease
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhea
- Colon cancer
- Difficulty swallowing
- Disorders of the Esophagus
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Esophageal strictures
- Family history of colon cancer and other cancers
- Gastroesophageal reflux and heartburn
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- General Gastroenterology
- Genetic syndromes with risk of colon cancer
- H. Pylori infection
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Other Conditions
- Liver disease
- Multidisciplinary treatment of colon cancer
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Removal of colon polyps
- Screening for colon polyps and prevention of cancer
- Screening for esophageal cancer
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- Zenker’s Diverticulum
New York Accepted Insurances
Always check with your health insurance carrier before scheduling any type of service. You can learn the details of your individual health insurance plan, including the amount of your copay, deductible, and coinsurance by visiting your health insurance company's website or by calling their customer service department. Click here to review our list of accepted insurance plans.
Training and Education
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- B.A. Biological Sciences, Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
- Internal Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical Center/New York Presbyterian, New York, NY
- Gastroenterology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Kati Glockenberg, MD is a member of Summit Health’s Gastroenterology team. Dr. Glockenberg’s area of expertise includes colon cancer screening and the management of irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and liver disease. She also has special interest in women’s gastrointestinal health.
Dr. Glockenberg prioritizes patient comfort and education to encourage informed and shared decision-making. It’s important to her that patients understand their condition and the reasons for recommended treatments, and that trust is built over time.
Dr. Glockenberg’s longtime fascination with the advancement of health through scientific discovery led to her career in medicine. “Medicine combines my passion for human healing with science,” she said.
In witnessing family members’ health struggles Dr. Glockenberg developed an appreciation for the physician’s role in navigating and overcoming challenges, and she considers serving in that role her favorite aspect of her work.
Dr. Glockenberg has published a number of peer-reviewed research articles and has presented at national and international conferences. She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
In her free time, Dr. Glockenberg enjoys singing, traveling, running and playtime with her daughter.