Important Members of your Health Care Team
At Summit Health, patients may receive care from a team of highly trained practitioners: physicians and advanced practice providers, (advanced practice nurses and physician assistants). Each member of your care team is uniquely qualified to deliver comprehensive, coordinated, high quality health care.
- Streamlines and expedites care
- Expand access to care
- Coordinate care with other team members
- Completes health care management
- Quickly and easily connects to other medical specialties and services
Our Health Care Team
Advanced Practice Nurse (APN):
APNs are registered nurses who receive graduate education and clinical training. This advanced training prepares them to provide a wide range of health care services and enables them to practice in various fields of medicine in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team. APNs deliver health care services in emergency medicine, acute care, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, and other medical specialties and services.
Physician Assistants (PAs):
PAs are certified medical professionals licensed to practice medical services. Like APNs, PAs also provide a wide range of health care services in emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery and other medical specialties and services.
APNs and PAs scope of practice includes:
- Obtain patient history and perform physical exams
- Diagnose and treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions
- Order tests and interpret results
- Develop treatment plans
- Prescribe medications
- Perform minor surgical procedures and assist with major surgeries
- Serve as Primary Care providers
APNs and PAs are highly qualified, well-prepared members of your health care team. Together, they will partner with you to increase your access to streamlined care, helping you to live well and stay well!
- For Our Patients
- Insurance and Pricing
- Request Medical Records
- Pay Bills
- Patient Portal
- The Role of Advance Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants